OK... Beijing is very hot, very humid, very smoggy. The air quality is poor but I am in China and I am with Andy! We travel easily together. The hostel we are staying in is actually better then most hotels! Our room has ac, it's own bathroom, a western toilet and very firm beds. Did I tell you that it has very firm beds? Also, wifi and computers to use free. They can't do enough to help us!
Yesterday we were in the Forbidden City (very big) and at the Water Cube (very big). You can pay to swim laps there. Last night we saw an Opera... Or at least an excuse for one. I'll explain later.
Andy's Chinese is impressive. We get around fairly easily. I now recognize at least 10 symbols.
The iTouch in invaluable, particularly with language acquisition.
I am adjusting to the time sort of. I just have to watch out for the first few days blues... This is all much easier then doing it while juggling another 20 tired people!
I sent a text about the camera to iPod transfer devise I left at home. Probably in the drawer where my phone and keys are. It is either a cable with camera fitting on one end and iPod on the other or a block like device with two usb ports. I also seemed to have left the talc powder in the car! But I did manage to get the blue cheese dressing packets at the last food counter by the gate in JFK!
We are off to see the Great Wall today.We are taking a tour.Tomorrow we fly to Whuhan to start a journey on the Yangtze maybe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay Bonnie! You are in CHINA!! I've been checking for your first post and am so happy you have arrived and are with Andy! And wow, you hit the ground running...forbidden city, opera, great wall. I know you want to see it all but also give yourself a break every now and then. Keep enjoying yourself and can't wait to hear all about it.
xoxo
Carol
Wow...did get your texts. I am so happy for you two. make sure you hug and squeeze Andy for me!!! I love the updates! Can you buy the cable there? What symbols are you recognizing? Have you ordered a #6 yet? Love you and miss you madly.....
I'm so happy for both of you, and miss you both. Got a lovely backpack for O with a monogram and a lizard. will bring the missing cord, but buy one sooner if needed.
Post a Comment