Wednesday, July 8, 2009

ab's New Great Adventure

In 12 days I am off to China to see Andrew.
Ten days later to Israel to see Ruthie, Danielle and Omri...

I am ready! In a surreal sort of way... I have done no planning for this trip. I just have flight reservations... no paper ticket... just reservations. I have no maps. I am planning to pack lighter then ever so I will be really mobile. I'm not taking a tour book (too heavy). I will take photos. I won't record where they were taken. It doesn't matter. I will try to find ways to update this blog. Connectivity as I travel might be a challenge.

I have no idea what we will be doing in China. Andy is in charge of our tour there. I plan to be open and ready for anything! In Israel I get to be Grandma Bonnie to Danielle and Omri. There I will go with the rhythms of the children.

Right now my big question is: Do I take mosquito nets with me? This is very serious... Mosquito bites make me insane. They itch as bad as the healing of surgery. I could get a net to go over my hat, one to cover my bed, or just a big net suit to walk around in?

If this remains my worst problem then I am in good shape.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Bonnie, I am so excited for you and this trip! I meant to mention a product I saw advertised...it was some sort of personal mosquito repeller. I'd seen something like this years ago but this was new and improved and you wear it around your neck. Maybe worth a try - http://www.offprotects.com/clip-on-mosquito-repellent/